Are you a qualified counsellor looking to upskill your practice to counselling children and young people?
Are you a qualified child and adolescent counsellor / psychotherapist looking for CPD?
We have designed an Essential Toolkit of training that adheres to the BACP competencies for working with children and young people (4-18 years).
Our toolkit will provide you with theory skill and techniques to work competently and safely with children and young people..
There are currently 10 topics to choose from.
1. Attachments - secure and interrupted 0-25 years
2. Infant and Child development
3 Adolescent Development
4. Ethical Legislation-consent and confidentiality
5. Childhood and adolescent trauma
6. Childhood mental health issues
7. Adolescent mental health issues
8. Developmental Play
9. Adolescent play
10. Helping children-and adolescents tell their story and find their voice
11. Solution Focusses and Brief Interventions
12. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) with children and adolescents
15. Working within the care setting
16. School settings, Systems and Stakeholders
17. Safe clinical practice